An Essay About Mother

Who we are today, and who we'll be tomorrow will be formed not by ourselves, as we would like to think, but by the people around us, namely our friends and family. Possibly the biggest influence is our mother. As a child, she taught us everything from feeding and clothing ourself; judging situations and reacting; tying our shoes; being polite and being respectful to adults. Without my mother, I know I would be lost.


To me, my mother is my security blanket. No matter how bad of a day she had, she will always be there with a shoulder to cry on and a sympathetic ear for me. Even if she's been screamed at all day by my siblings, she will still be eager to hear me squeal over my drama-filled teenage gossip. My mother could probably run a gossip column in the weekly paper on all the gossip and trivial news she hears from me and my friends, whether it be about me, my friends, or that cute boy in my fourth-period class who smiled at me.

My mom is my personal miracle. Whenever something becomes too much for me, she is there calming me down with just a hug, or preventing me from hyperventilating by finding my snowboard in the open...in the first place I checked...twice. She puts up with my mood swings, my constant chatter, and my continuous requests, and still manages to run a household beautifully. And she does this all with a smile—even when no one says thank you.

Mother's Day is not a day where every woman who has given birth should be treated special. It is a day where every mother figure—nanny, caretaker, nurturer, grandmother, aunt, or even older cousin are recognized for the wonderful job they do in influencing us to become who we are today. Mothers teach us how to love, cherish, and respect who we are, and what it takes for us to become the adults we will one day be.

My mother is a wonderful influence, and I can truly think of only one fault that she, and every other mother out there has: She loves me too much. She loves me so much that I sometimes resent her for not letting me make my own stupid decisions. I'm afraid that one day I will end up screaming at her to leave me alone. I know almost every teenage girl does. And I know almost every teenage girl will feel guilty afterwards, but not know how to apologize. Well, take this chance to let your mom know that you truly are grateful for her wanting to be in your life, even if you don't always show it. This Mother's Day, do something special for your mom, even if it's as small as making her breakfast in bed or cleaning your room without being asked. The gesture will be appreciated, and it will show your mom that no matter how obnoxious you can be, you will always love your Mommy and all she does for you.

0 comments:

 
Girl's World © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters